Squash and Burrata Pizza
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Calories 273, Cholesterol 43 milligrams, Fat 10 grams, Protein 8.7 grams
- One full recipe Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 Delicata squash
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone cheese (or crème fraiche)
- 4 ounces burrata
- 4 -5 sprigs fresh sage, leaves and stems, torn or roughly chopped
- olive oil (or other neutral flavored oil), as needed
- kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the Delicata squash in half lengthwise and use a sturdy spoon to scrape out the seeds (you can roast those later for a snack). Place flat side down on the cutting board and cut into ¼ inch half-moons. Toss with olive oil and kosher salt and arrange in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet tray. Roast until golden brown and soft, approximately 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 475°F with a pizza stone or steel. If you don’t have one, put a cast iron upside down on the rack.
- Lightly flour the counter and turn the pizza dough out of the bowl (let gravity do its job and don’t use your hands to scoop it out). Using a bench scraper or knife divide the dough in half. Cover one of them with the bowl while you roll out the other. Gently shape the dough into a circle then roll out to ¼ inch thickness, rotating as you go to ensure a round shape. Transfer to a piece of parchment and roll out the other piece of dough. Transfer to a separate piece of parchment paper
- Brush the dough with a touch of oil then place the parchment and dough on the pizza stone, steel or cast iron pan. Cook until golden brown and puffed, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread with mascarpone cheese. Top with the roasted squash. Return to the oven for another 3 minutes to finish cooking the dough and heat the squash.
- Top with torn burrata and fresh sage.