Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Serving Size: 1 1/4 Cup
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 small yellow onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, any color (diced)
- 1 lbs lean ground turkey
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Add cooking spray to a stock pot over high heat. Add the turkey and sauté until just cooked through, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or cool to room temperature, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or package in freezer bags in one cup increments for up to 3 months.