Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- ¼ cup green olives, pitted and smashed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds littleneck clams, cleaned
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the anchovy, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes and juice into the pan. Use the back of a spoon to carefully smash and break apart the whole tomatoes into pieces. Add the capers, olives and wine.
- Bring sauce to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, add the pasta to the water. Cook to al dente and drain.
- Add the clams to the sauce and cover with a lid. Cook until the clams have opened, about 8 minutes. Discard any clams that are still closed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta into the sauce and stir to combine. Finish cooking the pasta in the sauce, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle parsley over the top and enjoy.
Our Favorite Sides: crusty bread to dip in the sauce!