Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
*Your Chef will lead you through all the techniques, so prepping ahead of class is optional
Ingredients for the Hawaiian macaroni salad:
- 8 ounces macaroni noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 celery stalks, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 small sweet onion, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for the teriyaki:
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or ½ teaspoon dried ginger)
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 pounds Ranger® Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- avocado or vegetable oil, as needed
- cooked white or brown rice
- toasted sesame seeds
- For the macaroni salad toss the hot, cooked macaroni with the apple cider vinegar, celery, carrot, salt and pepper to taste. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes. In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mayonnaise mixture into the pasta along with the grated onion. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the sliced green onions, cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Make the teriyaki sauce by combining the rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger in a small saucepot over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil then lower the heat to a simmer, letting it cook for 10 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken a bit. Put the cornstarch in a small bowl and add a few tablespoons of the hot sauce, stirring until the cornstarch has completely dissolved (this is called a slurry). Pour the slurry into the pot of sauce, stirring to combine, and bring it back to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the Ranger® Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs: Oil the grill grate or grill pan and put on medium-high heat. Once the grill or pan is hot place the chicken on it, cooking for 3 to 4 minutes or until grill marks begin to appear on the chicken. Flip the chicken and brush with some of the teriyaki sauce, cooking the other side for 4 minutes. Flip again, brushing the other side with more sauce. Cook, flipping every couple of minutes and brushing with more sauce until the chicken is cooked through- about 7 to 8 more minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
- To serve, coat the chicken with more teriyaki sauce (if desired) and serve alongside the macaroni salad and rice. Garnish with the sesame seeds.