Prep Time: 2 hours to overnight
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1-5.5 oz Box Partake Crunchy Ginger Snap Cookies
- 2 cups oat milk plus ¼ cup
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 baking apples, peeled and diced
- juice from 1/2 orange (2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp clove
- ⅔ cup aquafaba (liquid from a 15.5 oz can of chickpeas)
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Add 2 cups oat milk, maple syrup, vanilla and salt to a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a simmer, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining oat milk and cornstarch to make a slurry. Slowly whisk it into the oat milk mixture. Continue to cook and stir until the mixture has thickened to a pudding-like consistency (2 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the fat, apples, orange juice, brown sugar and spices. Stir and heat until the apples are tender but not mushy (5 minutes). Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Line up 4 short drinking glasses. Crumble 1 cookie into the bottom of each glass. Add ¼ cup of pudding and top with 2 tbsp apple mixture. Repeat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Right before serving: combine the aquafaba, sugar, vanilla and maple syrup into a bowl. Whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Top each trifle with whipped topping. Add 1 whole ginger snap cookie plus cookie crumbles. Enjoy!