Cook Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- 10 sage leaves
- 2 large rosemary sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boned pork belly joint, about 2½ lb
- salt and pepper
Mustard Griddled Potatoes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 500 g (1 lb) waxy potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 cm (½ inch) thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- sea salt and black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain well and leave to dry for a few minutes.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large bowl with the sea salt and a generous grinding of pepper, add the potatoes and turn gently to coat in the oil.
- Heat a large griddle pan over a medium heat, and when hot, add the potatoes in a single layer. Cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden. Remove and keep warm while you cook any remaining potatoes.
- Whisk the remaining oil, mustard and tarragon together in a small bowl. Place the potatoes in a shallow bowl and pour over the dressing. Serve immediately.
Additional Notes for IBD Peel potatoes to aid digestion