Baked Parmesan Chicken
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 18 min
Serving Size 3oz
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumb
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 4 (4-oz) portions and flattened to 1/4-inch thickness)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a 13 × 9 × 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the egg, water, and oil. In a separate shallow dish or pie pan, stir together the remaining ingredients except the chicken. Set the dishes and baking dish in a row, assembly-line fashion. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then in the crumb mixture, turning to coat at each step and gently shaking off any excess. Using your fingertips, gently press the coating mixture so it adheres to the chicken. Arrange the chicken in a single layer in the baking dish. Lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the top coating is golden brown.
- Air Fryer Variation: Prepare the chicken as directed, through step 2. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray for 2 seconds. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 375°F. and air fry for 7 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces. Spray for 1 second with cooking spray. Air fry for an additional 7 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is done and a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 165°F. Do not crowd the chicken. If your air fryer basket is smaller it is better to cook half of the chicken, then repeat with the remaining chicken.
Avocado Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided use)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cup zucchini noodles
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a blender or food processor, puree the avocado flesh with 2 tbsp of the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the zucchini noodles and sauté, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, then add the avocado puree. Mix with tongs to coat the zucchini noodles and warm the avocado sauce.
- Serve immediately. Top each serving with the remaining cheese and parsley.