Servings: about 24 fritters
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
*Your Chef will lead you through all the techniques, so prepping ahead of class is optional
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sweet apples such as McIntosh or Gala, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- canola or grapeseed oil, for frying
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep-sided pan or pot to 350°F. Place a cooling rack on top of a sheet tray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cheddar cheese. In a separate bowl whisk the milk, eggs, butter and vanilla until evenly combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour and mix until combined. Fold in the apples.
- Cooking them in batches, use a 2 tablespoon portion scoop or large spoon and carefully drop the batter into the hot oil. Cook for about 4 minutes or until they have puffed a bit and are golden brown all over. Transfer to the cooling rack. Dust the fritters in powdered sugar right before serving.