Here’s a diabetes-friendly version of classic beef stroganoff. Save yourself prep time with this recipe by buying presliced mushrooms.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- 5 oz Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain egg noodles (uncooked)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lbs beef tenderloin (sliced into 2-inch strips)
- 1 1/2 cup white button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup onions (minced)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 (14.5-oz) can fat free, low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Add oil to a large sauté pan over high heat. Add meat and sauté for about 3 minutes. Remove meat from pan. Add mushrooms and onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Add wine to deglaze pan; cook for 2 minutes. Add Dijon mustard and beef broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add beef and any juices back to broth and simmer for 3 more minutes. Add sour cream, salt (optional), and pepper; simmer for 30 seconds.
- Serve over whole-grain egg noodles.