Whole Wheat Waffles
Calories 513, Carbs 57 grams, Fat 28 grams, Protein 14 grams
- 3 cups (340 grams) whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups (680 grams) nonfat milk, lukewarm
- 2/3 cup (134 grams) vegetable oil
- zest of ½ lemon
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt until evenly combined. In a separate bowl whisk together the maple syrup, eggs, milk, oil and lemon zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until just combined. There will be some lumps and that is okay!
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle maker. Keep them warm in the oven until they’re all cooked.