Vegan Pasta Alfredo
This vegan pasta has a creamy, rich sauce that hits the classic savory flavors of Alfredo. It’s just a bonus that it’s fully plant-based. Spinach and mushrooms are a colorful addition that makes this a hearty 1 dish meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 OZ / 60 G baby spinach
- 2 tsp fine sea salt, divided
- 72 OZ / 2L water
- 8.75 OZ / 250 G egg-free fettuccine pasta
- 3 OZ / 90 G yellow onion
- 3 EA garlic cloves
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 OZ / 300 ML unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
- 2 OZ / 60 G tahini
- 0.75 OZ / 20 G nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 8 OZ / 225 G brown mushrooms
- 2 tbsp vegan Parmesan cheese
- Add the spinach to a large serving bowl.
- Fill a large pot with water and add 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to the serving bowl with spinach. Cover to keep warm.
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic cloves.
- Add the oil to a sauté pan on medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 4 minutes until softened but not browned. Stir frequently to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add milk, tahini, nutritional yeast, flour, miso, lemon juice, pepper and 1 teaspoon salt to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Transfer sauce to a blender and mix until smooth. Return the sauce to the pan.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to sauce. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Scrape sauce into the serving bowl with pasta and spinach. Toss with tongs to combine. Serve with vegan Parmesan.