Tuna Sammies and Fruit Salad
Calories 587, Carbs 80 grams, Fat 21 grams, Protein 34 grams
Ingredients for the Tuna Sammies
- 12 ounces albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh black pepper
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 pieces lettuce, washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
Ingredients for the Fruit Salad
- 2 Bartlett pears, cored and diced
- 2 medium apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup of red or green grapes (or both), halved
Ingredients for the Cinnamon Yogurt Dressing
- 1/3 cup 5% Greek yogurt (or substitute coconut yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest (from 1 medium lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from the zested lemon)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup pecans (optional)
Directions for the Tuna Sammies
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the tuna with the herbs, garlic powder, shallot, salt, pepper and Greek yogurt.
- Place a large saute pan on the stovetop over medium high heat. Drizzle one side of each piece of toast with avocado oil. In batches, lightly toast each piece of bread on the side drizzled with oil and transfer to a large plate or cutting board.
- Lay out four pieces of bread, toasted side down, and place some lettuce on top.
- Top the lettuce with a quarter of the tuna, and carefully spread it evenly to the edges of the bread. Top the tuna with the tomato, spinach, avocado and alfalfa sprouts.
Directions for the Fruit Salad
- Toss all of the fruit in a medium bowl.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the yogurt dressing together.
- Divide the salad amongst 4 plates. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the dressing on each serving of the fruit salad and top with 1 tablespoon each of chopped pecans.