Spicy Shrimp & Grits
Oh, you think you know shrimp and grits? Think again! We’ve got a spicy twist on this classic that will knock your socks off! This recipe is also easy on the clean up with crispy tender air fried shrimp. Come on down and let the good times roll!
You’ll want this classic with a twist shrimp and grits recipe in your back pocket to remind you that summer will return! An asian marinade yields flavorful crispy shrimp while the coconut grits are deliciously creamy.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to your spice preference)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, grated ginger, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss peeled and deveined shrimp in the marinade. Sprinkle cornstarch over the shrimp to coat them evenly, ensuring they’re crispy when air fried.
- Cook stone-ground grits with chicken or vegetable broth and coconut milk in your multicooker until creamy. Stir in unsalted butter, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F. Arrange the coated shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 5-6 minutes or until the shrimp turn crispy and golden brown.
- Spoon creamy coconut grits onto plates., and top with crispy shrimp. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges for squeezing over the shrimp.