Shrimp Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
Calories 350, Carbs 14 grams, Fat 11 grams, Protein grams
Ingredients for the Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup whole milk plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup cilantro leaves and stems
- ¼ cup parsley, stems removed
- ¼ cup dill, stems removed
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup chives, sliced in ½ inch segments (plus 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for the Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- ½ English hothouse cucumber, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, cut in ¼ inch slices
- 3 radishes, trimmed, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup thinly sliced sugar snap peas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, washed and dried, roughly chopped
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the shrimp: Heat a medium skillet over high heat. Toss the shrimp with olive oil, salt and pepper. Once the pan is hot add the shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through.
- To make the dressing: Combine the yogurt, cilantro, parsley, dill, mint, chives, tarragon, lemon juice, honey, olive oil and garlic in the bowl of a food processor or a blender. Process until smooth and green, with tiny flecks of herbs. You may need to stop and scrape the sides with a silicone spatula once or twice. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Transfer the dressing to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for later.
- To make the salad: Toss the cucumber, avocado, scallions, radishes, peas and tomatoes in a large bowl to combine, seasoning with a pinch more salt and pepper if desired. Add in half of the reserved dressing and toss until everything is lightly coated.
- Divide the red leaf lettuce evenly among 4 plates and top with the vegetable mixture and shrimp. Drizzle each plate with additional dressing and top with the extra chopped chives.