Roasted Carrots and Vegan Ranch
Calories 77, Carbs 6 grams, Fat 6 grams, Protein .25 grams
Ingredients for the Roasted Carrots
- 1 pound carrots, greens removed, cut into 1-1 ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne (optional)
Ingredients for the Vegan Ranch
- 1 ½ cups vegan mayo
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the carrots on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with oil, salt, paprika, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, and cayenne (optional). Toss well to make sure the carrots are coated evenly.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender and slightly browned.
- To make the vegan ranch, place the mayo, non-dairy milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice in a blender, food processor or medium sized bowl. Blend or pulse until smooth and creamy or whisk until smooth.
- Add the parsley and dill and pulse together until well-blended.
- Transfer to a small bowl and garnish with more dill and parsley, if desired.