A Meaty monkfish wrapped in juicy prosciutto with a creamy garlic butter sauce. Wrapping the fish in prosciutto makes sure our fish is moist and seasoned. The fish and prosciutto will season the green beans as they steam together. Simmering the garlic in broth will make it tender and sweet so that it blends into an intensely flavorful creamy sauce.
Recipe adapted from CookingPal.com
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 14 oz / 400 g monkfish fillet
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 1 oz / 25 g butter
- 3.5 oz / 100 g fish stock
- 10.5 oz / 300 g green beans
- 1.5 oz / 40 ML cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Wash the garlic and peel the cloves. Add to a small saucepan with the butter and fish stock. Cover and simmer on low heat while the fish is cooking.
- Wash and trim your green beans. Spread out evenly on the bottom of a steamer basket.
- Trim the monkfish and season well with salt and pepper. Cut into 4 equal pieces (about 2 inches each).
- Wrap the prosciutto around each piece of fish tightly and evenly distributed. Lay on top of the green beans in the steamer basket. Place in the pot, cover and increase heat to medium. Steam for 20 minutes. Remove the steamer basket
- Add the garlic mixture to a blender. Add the cream, salt and pepper. Carefully blend until fully mixed and creamy.
- To serve: place a spoonful of garlic sauce on each plate, top with some green beans and one fillet of fish. Enjoy!