Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Hasselback Chicken
Calories 380, Carbs 20 grams, Fat 17 grams, Protein 25 grams
Ingredients for the Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless Ranger® the Free Range Chicken breasts
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces prosciutto, roughly chopped in bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped raisins, dried apricots or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only, chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, as needed
Ingredients for the Broccoli Slaw:
- 1 head of broccoli, stems peeled, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces (1/4 pound) brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced in half moons
- 1 tablespoon raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted (sunflower seeds would work well here too)
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper, a silicone mat or aluminum foil.
- To make the chicken: Using a sharp knife (paring knife is easiest), make cuts crosswise along the chicken breasts, going almost all the way through but leaving it still whole along the bottom, every ¼ inch or so. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the goat cheese, prosciutto, raisins, walnuts and thyme until thoroughly mixed. Place a spoonful of the cheese filling in each section of the chicken breasts. Drizzle olive oil over the top before transferring to the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the chicken reads 165°F (we like to cook the chicken to 160°F and allow it to rest for 7 to 10 minutes before serving; carry over cooking will take it to 165°F and you will have moist, flavorful chicken).
- To make the slaw: In a large bowl combine the broccoli, brussels sprouts, shallot and raisins.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the garlic, tahini and apple cider vinegar along with a pinch of salt. While whisking continuously, slowly pour in the olive oil until everything is emulsified. Alternatively, you can place all the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and shake until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and stir or toss until everything is evenly coated. Sprinkle the toasted walnuts over the top.
- Serve the chicken alongside the slaw.