Pear & Gorgonzola Lamb Chops with the Pomegranate & Mint Smash
This recipe is big on flavor and short on time. The addition of pear and cheese elevates the butter to a tangy and sweet condiment for lamb chops. Pair it with a deliciously refreshing pomegranate & mint smash and you have a meal that is perfect for the holidays!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 6 oz Harry & David Double-Cut Lamb Chops
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 stick (8 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 oz ¾ cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 Harry & David Royal Riviera Pear, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Take lamb out of the fridge and place on a plate. Pat each side dry with paper towels. Rub with the oil and season with salt and pepper and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine the butter, cheese, pear and thyme in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large oven safe pan to medium high heat and carefully place 2 chops at a time in the pan to sear. Avoid moving the chops so a crust can be formed. Once one side is dark brown remove to the plate and repeat with the remaining chops.
- Return chops to pan not seared side down and top each chop with a smear of butter (about 1 tablespoon). Place in the oven and heat until a thermometer reads 145 F for medium rare (about 10 minutes). Let meat rest for at least 3 minutes before cutting.
Our Favorite Sides: Roasted Potatoes
Pomegranate Vodka Smash
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup Harry & David pomegranate seeds plus more for garnish
- 5 mint leaves
- ¼ cup (2 oz) Vodka
- ¼ cup (2 oz) sparkling apple pomegranate juice
- Ice to chill
- Add the seeds and 4 mint leaves to the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle until the juice releases from the seeds and the mint is bruised.
- Add the vodka and fill with ice. Seal the top, shake for 20 seconds and strain into a glass. Top with the sparkling juice. Garnish with remaining mint leaf and a few seeds.