Peach Pork Chops
Nothing better at this time of year than enjoying all the wonderfully ripe in season fruit. This class features not one but two(!!) recipes that bring seasonal fruit to the dinner table in a healthy and delicious way. We’ll be sharing bullet proof ways to make sure your pork chops stay tender and juicy. We’ve paired this with our favorite summer spinach salad. Let’s eat outside!
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 8 min
Serving size: 1 pork chop + 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 lb (4 chops) lean boneless pork chops
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 peaches (pitted and diced)
- 1/2 green pepper (finely diced)
- 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 packet sugar substitute
- Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill. Season pork chops with pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Grill pork chops over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until done.
- In a small bowl, mix together the peaches, bell pepper, red onion, vinegar, oil, cilantro, and sugar substitute.
- Top each cooked pork chop with about 1/4 cup salsa mixture and serve.
Broccoli and Spinach Salad with Blueberries and Buttermilk Dressing
Prep Time: 15 Min
- 1/2 lbs baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Plain Nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- a few sprigs of fresh dill and/or other herbs
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the spinach, broccoli, avocado, blueberries, feta cheese, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl or in a large platter.
- Place yogurt, buttermilk, garlic, lemon juice and zest, poppy seeds, herbs, and pepper in a blender and blend to combine. (If not using a blender, ingredients can also be whisked in a bowl until combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve immediately.