No Bake Granola Bars
Calories 242, Carbs 24 grams, Fat 14 grams, Protein 7 grams
1 ¾ cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 cups mix-ins* (chefs’ choice combination of: nuts, seeds, chocolate, shredded coconut or dried fruit)
1 cup creamy almond butter or sunflower butter
½ cup honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper, lightly oiled aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- Roughly chop your chosen mix-ins as needed. They should be slightly smaller than bite-sized to ensure that the bars will stay together. Add them to the oats and mix.
- In a small bowl stir together the almond butter, honey (or maple syrup) and vanilla until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture over the oats and stir, stir, stir until all the ingredients are coated.
- Transfer to the square pan and, using your hands or the bottom of a glass, firmly press evenly into the pan.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour before cutting (or the freezer for 30 minutes).
- These can be stored with a piece of parchment or wax paper between them, wrapped tightly, at room temperature for 3 days, in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 2 months.