Lemon Poppy Seed Power Balls
Calories 116, Carbs 14 grams, Fat 6 grams, Protein 3 grams
- 1 ½ cups quick-cooking oats or oat flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews or blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or almond butter
- zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender pulse the oats until they are finely ground. Add the cashews and continue pulsing until it is a finely ground mixture.
- Pour in the syrup along with the sunflower butter, lemon zest and juice, vanilla and salt and blend until it turns into a dough.
- Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl and stir in the poppy seeds. Taste and adjust with more salt, vanilla or lemon as needed.
- Using a 2 tablespoon portion scoop, scoop out 12 balls. Roll each between your hands to form a smooth ball.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 12 days or in the freezer for 1 month.