Herbed Pork & Mustard Grilled Potatoes
This delicious roast pork belly recipe is going to give you major main character energy. Have it for a knock out dinner, 1000%. Snack on it with eggs for breakfast, oh yeah! Make a sandwich that will be the envy of all, that’s gonna be you! The techniques in this class will serve you well for years to come. Not to mention that the mustardy potatoes hold their own as a delicious tangy side that you could add to just about any dinner. Join for the perfect introduction to fall.
Cook Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- 10 sage leaves
- 2 large rosemary sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boned pork belly joint, about 2½ lb
- salt and pepper
Mustard Griddled Potatoes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 500 g (1 lb) waxy potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 cm (½ inch) thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- sea salt and black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain well and leave to dry for a few minutes.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large bowl with the sea salt and a generous grinding of pepper, add the potatoes and turn gently to coat in the oil.
- Heat a large griddle pan over a medium heat, and when hot, add the potatoes in a single layer. Cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden. Remove and keep warm while you cook any remaining potatoes.
- Whisk the remaining oil, mustard and tarragon together in a small bowl. Place the potatoes in a shallow bowl and pour over the dressing. Serve immediately.
Additional Notes for IBD Peel potatoes to aid digestion