Calories 20, Carbs 3 grams, Fat 1 grams, Protein 0 grams
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons raw organic sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To the bowl of a food processor pour in the flour, sugar, salt, dried herbs, and garlic powder. Pulse the food processor five times to mix the ingredients together.
- Add in the ghee and pulse a few times more until it’s combined. Slowly stream in the water until the dough comes together, adding more water as needed.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and place it on a lightly floured board and knead a few times until it comes together.
- Lightly flour the top of the cracker dough and roll the dough out into a rectangle that is 16 inches by 8 inches and ⅛ inch thick. Make sure to turn and rotate the dough every couple of rolls to ensure it doesn’t stick to the board.
- Using a ruler, measure and cut squares that are 2 inches by 2 inches. Carefully lift the dough squares onto the prepared baking sheet, evenly spacing them apart.
- Using a fork, prick each cracker three times across the surface. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Check the crackers half way through the cook time, and rotate the tray if needed for even browning.
- Once the crackers are just set, remove the tray from the oven and place on a wire rack, allowing the crackers to cool on the tray.