Green Curry Poached Fish
Calories 561, Carbs 52 grams, Fat 37 grams, Protein 47 grams
- 2 tablespoons avocado, coconut or other neutral flavored oil oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 – 15 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 4 baby bok choy, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 – 6 ounce salmon fillets (may sub halibut or cod), skin off and pin boned (if needed)
- fresh cilantro, stems and leaves roughly chopped, for serving
- scallions, thinly sliced, for serving
- Thai red chili, sliced into thin rings, for serving
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (or brown rice), for serving
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it shimmers; add the curry paste and shallot and cook, stirring constantly, until shallots begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, broth, lime juice, lime zest, fish sauce, and coconut sugar and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Add the bok choy and simmer until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the bok choy from the broth and divide between 4 shallow bowls, along with ½ cup cooked quinoa per bowl.
- Add the fish to the broth, stir, and cook until firm and just starting to flake, about 3 to 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the filet. Remove the fish and place in the bowls.
- Ladle the broth over the fish and top with cilantro, scallions, and chiles.