Farro Tabbouleh with Feta & Hummus
Calories 270, Carbs 50 grams, Fat 24 grams, Protein 15 grams
- 1 cup farro
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower or sesame seeds
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- 1 cup plain hummus
- 1 cup whole wheat pita chips, for serving
- Cook the farro according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat your grill, grill pan, or skillet over high heat. Grill the asparagus for 5 to 8 minutes, turning once or twice, until it is lightly charred and tender. Remove from the grill. Cut into 1 inch pieces and place in the bowl with the cooked farro.
- To the cooked farro and grilled asparagus, add the tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, basil, mint, pistachios, half of the sesame seeds, lemon juice, remaining olive oil, garlic, and a pinch more of salt and pepper if desired. Toss well to combine.
- Spread the hummus in and even layer in a bowl or serving platter. Top with the farro mix and garnish with the remaining sesame seeds. Serve with pita chips.