Eggs Benedict Florentine
All the brunchy glory of Eggs Benedict with the added bonus of a hollandaise you can truly enjoy on all fronts. Join us to learn all the poaching tricks and hollandaise secrets.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Serving Size: 1 topped english muffin half
- 1 nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cup baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 4 eggs (poached)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Dash of ground black pepper
- 2 whole-wheat English muffins (split and lightly toasted)
- Add the cooking spray and oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté the spinach until wilted. Stir in the garlic and sauté 1 additional minute.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat-proof bowl. Add the egg yolk, lemon juice, and vegetable broth, whisking constantly until hot but not curdled. Remove from heat and whisk in yogurt, salt (optional), and pepper.
- Top each English muffin half with 1/4 of spinach mixture, one poached egg, and 2 Tbsps. sauce.