Cubano Sandwiches with Citrus Herbed Mojo
Servings: 8 – 12 party bites or 4 whole sandwiches
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
For the Roast Pork:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cleaned and trimmed
For the Mojo:
- 1 navel orange, zested and juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, split in half lengthwise and seeded
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup cilantro sprigs and leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons honey
To Build the Sandwiches:
- 4 – 6 inch bolillos or light, crusty bakery rolls,
split in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/4 pound best-quality domestic ham (unglazed), thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 large dill pickle, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
To Make the Pork:
- Preheat the Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro on ROAST 450°F with rack position 6. Line the roasting pan
- Combine oil, orange juice, lime juice, honey, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and garlic in the All in One with the
food processor bowl attachment or the Fresh and Furious blender. Process on high speed until smooth, about
10 seconds. Place the pork tenderloin in a zip top bag and pour the marinade over it. Seal, removing as much
air as possible and massage the marinade into the pork. Allow the pork to marinate at room temperature for
30 minutes or in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
- Arrange the pork on the pan and pour the marinade over it. Roast for 14 to 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 140°F. Transfer to a cutting board and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
To Make the Mojo:
- Place the orange juice, orange zest, lime juice, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, oil, cumin, salt, oregano and honey
in the All in One food processor bowl. Process for 10 to 15 seconds or until smooth. Set aside.
To Build the Sandwiches:
- Heat the Panini Duo on MELT.
- Spread the Dijon mustard evenly on both halves of the rolls.
- Cut the roast into 1/4 inch thin slices on a bias. Pile the roast pork on the bottom half of each roll,
followed by the pickle cheese, and ham.
- Top with the other half of the roll and press down. Brush evenly with butter on both sides of the rolls and
place in the panini press until toasted and the cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cut each sandwich into 3 to 4 pieces and serve alongside the mojo sauce.
• The Citrus Mojo can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. And you can find traditional Bolillos in the bakery section of Latin American markets.