Crispy Chicken Thighs with Roasted Broccolini
Calories 532, Carbs 20 grams, Fat 37 grams, Protein 31 grams
- 4 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into 1-tablespoon pieces, divided
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 – 14 ounce can low sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Toss the broccolini, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer everything to a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, mixing halfway through to ensure it browns evenly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Once the oil is shimmering and hot, place the chicken skin side down and cook until the skin is crisp and golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a sheet tray-skin side up-then place in the oven. Roast until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, carefully pour off the excess fat from the skillet, leaving the browned bits on the bottom. Place the pan on medium heat and add the remaining garlic, shallots, and 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook over medium heat until garlic and shallots are softened and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen all of the browned bits.
- Add the stock and cook until it is reduced by half. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining butter one piece at a time, swirling and stirring after each addition to fully emulsify the sauce. Stir in the beans and heat on low until warmed through. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Stir in the parsley.
- Divide the chicken and broccolini between 4 plates, then pour the sauce over. Garnish with more chopped parsley and a fresh squeeze of lemon juice on the broccolini.