Fresh picked tastiness with an unexpected fruity addition will make these lettuce wraps a happy new addiction. Green bean fries are the crunchy healthy snack you’ll be making all summer. Come on over and keep the kitchen nice and cool!
Liven up that lunch bag and grab a boost of blue. You’ll be so happy you did when you bite into these creamy blueberry almond chicken salad lettuce wraps. Crispy, flavorful goodness that also fits into a diabetes friendly eating plan. Instead of mayonnaise, these wraps are yogurt-based to cut back on calories and fat—and not to mention an excellent source of vitamin A. Crunch away!
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Serving Size: 1/2 cup chicken per lettuce leaf; 2 lettuce leaves per serving
- 1/2 cup Plain Nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt (kosher)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 cup cooked chicken (chopped)
- 3 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion (scallion) (chopped)
- 8 iceberg or bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp almonds (sliced and toasted)
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, basil, salt and pepper until blended.
- Add chicken, blueberries, celery and scallions and toss until evenly coated.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter and top with chicken mixture, dividing evenly between lettuce leaves.
- Top with almonds.
Green Bean “Fries”
French fries are an American favorite food, but they’re also loaded with unhealthy fat, calories, and carbohydrate. Try these “fries” for a healthier alternative and a way to help your kids eat more veggies.
Prep Time: 15 min
Serving Size: About 8 Fries
- 8 oz fresh green beans (trimmed)
- 1 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tspgarlic salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the egg, egg white, and hot sauce.
- In another shallow dish, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Dip each green bean in the egg mixture and then lightly coat in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place the green beans on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, until they are lightly golden. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.