Butternut Squash Galette
– Makes 6 servings –
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 60 mins | Total: 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 small red onion, cut through the core into ½-inch wedges
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces Cabot Habanero Cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
PREHEAT the oven to 425F degrees.
TOSS the butternut squash and onion with the olive oil, thyme, and garlic on a large baking sheet. Season generously with salt and pepper.
ROAST in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
LINE a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently unfold and lay out the pie crust on the parchment paper.
SPRINKLE the cheese on top on the crust, leaving a 2-inch border of crust uncovered.
ARRANGE the squash and onion on top of the cheese. Fold up the uncovered border over the edge of the squash and pinch into pleats.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the crust is browned. Remove from oven, let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
SLICE into wedges and serve.