An easy meal that’s perfect for that middle of the week bustle. Make sure to use flat iron steak for its savory flavor and quick cook time. Substitute ingredients with what you got in your kitchen to make this as easy as possible. No broccoli? Use chopped kale. No rice vinegar? Use white wine vinegar. Flat iron has so much flavor that any vegetables you pair it with it will shine. Best part about this recipe is that you’ll have dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 8 oz rice noodles (around ¼ inch wide)
- 1 lb flat iron steak
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch broccoli (1 lb)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or favorite chili sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp grated peeled ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp water
- thinly sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions and drain. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking and to keep from sticking together.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain into ¼ inch slices. Pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut off the florets from the broccoli stem. Slice into ½ thick pieces. Try to make sure the pieces are all the same size to ensure even cooking. Peel the stem and slice into thin rounds.
- Heat half the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add half the beef slices and cook until golden browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove meat to a plate and repeat with the remaining oil and slices. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Whisk all the remaining ingredients, except for the green onions, in a small bowl until combined. Add the sauce and broccoli to the pan. Cook until the broccoli just becomes tender, about 4 minutes. Stir often to prevent burning.
- Add the beef back to the pan and stir to coat in the sauce. Cook 1 minute or until the meat is warmed through and reaches a temperature of at least 145°F. Toss in the noodles. Turn off the heat and garnish with green onions. Serve straight out of the pan. Enjoy!