Blackout Banana Bread
Calories 145, Carbs 30 grams, Fat 3 grams, Protein 4 grams
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large extra-ripe bananas (the browner, the better)
- 1/3 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a 9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the applesauce, sugar and eggs together until frothy and a little lighter in color.
- Thoroughly mash 2 of the bananas in a small bowl then stir in the yogurt. Add to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until halfway mixed. Fold in the chocolate chunks until the flour is just mixed in. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Slice the remaining banana in half lengthwise and place on top of the loaf, gently pressing down so it’s nestled in the batter.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing from the loaf pan. Allow to cool completely before slicing.