Autumn Home Fries
Calories 326, Carbs 31 grams, Fat 19 grams, Protein 10 grams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 red potatoes, diced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
- 2 cups Swiss chard, coarsely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Add the onion, pepper, garlic, sage, red potato and squash to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and squash are fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the Swiss chard and cook until it wilts down, about 3 minutes.
- While the chard is cooking, in a separate skillet cook the eggs however you like them with the remaining tablespoon of oil. We like to fry them sunny side up.
- Season the home fries with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Top with the chopped parsley and a fried egg.